Sunday, November 30, 2008

Episode 1:Mojo and The Magic Couch

Click here to listen to Mojo and The Magic Couch

Hi All,

The first of the stories is up for your listening pleasure. I am so thrilled to have started this and get the light glowing bright! I wanted to share a little background on the story of Mojo and the Magic Couch. My husband and I are the authors. We came up with the idea for it after we noticed our ferret, Mojo, was escaping into the depths of our couch. He literally had dug a hole in between the cushions and would leap in there while we desperately tried to get to him before he wriggled his slinky body all the way in. We always joked that he was going in there to a magic land, and so that is how the story came to be.

As promised, here is the picture of Mojo,
the little rascal!

What did you say? A word of the day!

That is right! In our story there are many juicy words that are fun to learn and say! I am going to post a word or two or three from the story that would be fun to try to use in your conversations throughout the week.

Scamper: To run or go quickly and lightly. A quick light run or movement.

Smidgen: A very small amount.

Wriggle: To twist to and fro; writhe; squirm.
To move along by twisting and turning the body, as a worm or snake.

FAN ART

What did you picture while you were listening to the story? What was your favorite scene? What did the inside of the couch look like? We would love to see how you pictured our story! Send us a picture of your favorite scene or anything that has to do with the story. Submit the pictures to www.nightlightstories@gmail.com. I will post these illustrated works of art as I receive them. We look forward to seeing your imaginations at work! As always, keep your light and minds glowing bright!

SHARE IT!

Feel free to contact me at my website, nightlightstories@gmail.com with any comments or suggestions you may have. I have just begun my journey with podcasting and blogging and would love to hear from you! Keep your minds glowing brightly!

Night Light Stories is also available for free on iTunes!

JUST ADD IMAGINATION!

Try these activities to keep your imagination glowing after hearing the story.

1. A male ferret weighs about 2.5 pounds. How much do you weigh? Use a scale to find out. Who weights more, you or a ferret?

2. Mojo is a curious ferret, which means he is interested in new things. What are you curious about?

COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE

After listening to the story, can you recall the details to answer these questions?

1. Mojo's parents did not want him to go into the couch. What was their reason?

2. List 2 things Mojo saw when he did wriggle into the couch?

3. What did Mojo share with all the other ferrets that was special to him?




5 comments:

  1. Really cute you guys... really cute. I'm so impressed!!!!

    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! my 2 1/2 year old daughter sat and listened to the whole story! I found you from Debby! I love it~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks D and Lisha! Lisha, I recognize your name from D's blog where you and I have both made some comments. Thanks for stopping by!
    My hubby and I are so excited about this adventure and really enjoying what we are doing and hearing. Thanks for such positive comments and support! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent story. Can't wait to hear the next one

    ReplyDelete